According to the Veterinary Cancer Society, hundreds of pets in America are diagnosed with cancer each day. This is why it is so important for pet owners to recognize the symptoms in order to provide your pet with the care they need as soon as possible. Common signs of cancer in pets include:
- Abnormal swellings that persist or continue to grow
- Sores that do not heal
- Weight loss
- Loss of appetite
- Bleeding or discharge from any orifice
- Offensive odor
- Difficulty eating or swallowing
- Hesitation to exercise or loss of stamina
- Persistent lameness or stiffness
- Difficulty breathing, urinating, or defecating
At Viera East Veterinary Center, we know a diagnosis of cancer can be devastating news, but there is hope. We are committed to helping your pet live a better and more comfortable life during this difficult time.
We offer a variety of treatment options for your pet. Our doctors will discuss the advantages, disadvantages, and potential side effect of each option. Most importantly, we will discuss the quality of life of your pet when reviewing the different treatment options with you. We are here to answer all of your questions, and help you keep your family pet as healthy as possible for as long as possible.